The Guy Buy Guide
Buying for guys can be kind of difficult because it’s hard to know what they’ll want or if they would rather have something that they need, or a host of other problems that are hard to decipher. If you’re trying to figure out what to buy your dad, partner, brother, etc try some of these ideas to at least get you started in the right direction.
1. Always pay attention to what their hobbies and interests are. A lot of times people seem to forget that guys have preferences just as everyone else does and they will definitely appreciate something a lot more if it came from the heart. So make sure you understand him before you try to buy him something personal.
2. Whether they want to admit, guys are usually suckers for collecting knives and other forms of weaponry, so go ahead. Even if he isn’t a collector, a knife is practical enough that he’ll eventually find use for it. Head to KnifeArt’s Shop and grab him something customized.
3. Expensive alcohol is a great gift for anyone really, but guys especially. Most guys will agree that they have the tendency to buy the cheapest alcohol or liquor that they can find rather than actually acquiring quality spirits. So buying him something that tastes great and cost a little more than he’s accustomed to will have him reeling and it will definitely earn you some brownie points.
4. If you’ve just started dating your boyfriend and you aren’t sure what to get him, try leather accessories. Make sure that it’s premium, one hundred percent genuine hard leather and what it actually is won’t matter so much because it’s real leather and guys like leather. Most guys aren’t going to turn away from a nice leather pair of shoes.
5. Cologne is a classic gift that most people think is cliché, but guys actually really like it. Follow the same procedures you followed when buying the expensive alcohol and he’ll appreciate it. Make sure that it’s good, luxurious cologne from a brand that’s easily recognizable and spend a good amount of money on it.
6. If the guy you’re buying for is a collector of something, get him something that fits with that theme of his collection. Whether he collects cards, comic books, or Star Trek novels, see if you can find something to fit into the collection. Not only will be ecstatic, but he’ll also be touched that you noticed his interests.
7. In that same token, see if you can upgrade anything that he’s already got. If you can find a vintage copy of one of his favorite comics, spend the money and buy that instead of something new. If he’s obsessed with coffee and can’t go a day without it, buy him a new model of his coffee maker or buy him something that’s completely better than what he already has.
8. If you’re buying for your boyfriend or husband, silk sheets will do the trick nicely. Not only are silk sheets a favorite for everyone who likes feeling nice, but it also sends some sexy signals his way that will definitely make the gift that much better.
Buying for guys can be confusing, but there are a few things that you just can’t go wrong with. Keep these ideas in mind the next time you’re buying for your favorite guy and you’ll be well on your way to giving him the perfect gift.
Coming soon, gifts for her….!
Written by Ashley Roberts