Celebrate the season with Curried Pumpkin Soup
Are you scratching your head wondering what you will do with all those pumpkins you bought or will buy for Halloween and/or Thanksgiving? Well, we introduce to you Curried Pumpkin Soup. WearEver just shared their recipe with us for a classic, warm Curried Pumpkin Soup in honor of the fall festivities.
You can thank Pinstripe later for sharing this recipe with you. See the ingredients and directions below but make sure you pick up the NEWEST line of WearEver Pure Living, 5pc set at WalMart.com for $59.99. This is a kitchen must-have, and an easy way to whip up this soup. WearEver’s Pure Living features ceramic non-stick, a pure and toxin-free alternative to non-stick and Teflon surfaces!
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free sour cream
1 (29-ounce) can pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)
or plain Greek yogurt, optional
· Heat olive oil in a medium-sized nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
· Add the onion and cook until soft.
· Add the curry powder and ground ginger. Cook 1 minute.
· Add the pureed pumpkin, chicken broth and apple sauce. Stir to combine. Bring to simmer. Lower heat, cover and cook 15 minutes.
· Season with salt and pepper to taste.
· Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired.