Top 10 Shoes Every Man Should Have this Spring
Spring is here and it’s time to take out those loafers, slip-ons, tennis shoes and put away the combat boots till next Fall. Pinstripe Magazine has put together a list of the Top 10 Shoes you should have this Spring in your closet. When it comes to shoes, I hate to admit this but I am like a woman with over 100 pairs stored throughout my place. I think it’s time for some Spring-cleaning. Well, let’s take a look below so we know what you need to get to add to your wardrobe.
1. We all need a pair of shoes to wear to work everyday and for those who have to wear a suit, we recommend a pair of MR. HARE Miller Leather Oxford Shoes. These shoes are hand crafted from soft nappa leather that is designed to look better as it wears in. These Mr. Hare Oxford shoes will be a luxuriously comfortable and stylish option for years to come. The deep navy color is a rakish alternative to classic black, putting a fresh spin on the old favorite. Besides work you can wear them with everything from beaten-up denim to a midnight-blue tux for louche style. Pick up a pair at mrporter.com.
2. Another pair of shoes we recommend for work is Cole Haan Nike AIR Colton Plain Oxford Dress Shoes. They sit well with any tan or brown suit or look sharp and add some contrast under a navy pinstripe suit. These soft leather shoes, cushioned with non-visible NIKE AIR Technology in the heel are a handsome, hand stained oxford to dress up not only workdays but weekends too. You can pick up a pair of these shoes at bloomindales.com.
3. For those of you who go to work dressed casual and can wear jeans, well we have several options for you that you will like. Not only are these shoes comfortable, but also set you apart from the average Joe. We are talking about MR. HARE Thelonius Leather Monk-Strap Shoes. If you don’t like straps and want an alternative; then wear MR. HARE King Tubby Suede Brothel Shoes.
The ‘Thelonius’ monk-strap shoes were named more for the irresistible pun rather than in tribute to the legendary jazz musician’s dress-sense. However, Mr. Monk and Mr. Hare are both noted for a unique approach in their respective fields. The minimalist soles and clean-lined design lend this classic pair a modern attitude. Show them off with rolled-up cuffs, adding bright socks for a debonair look. These are available at mrporter.com.
If you prefer lace-up shoes instead of the straps, then you will like the Mr. Hare King Tubby Suede Brothel Shoes from S/S 12 collection in navy, which have a derby construction with brown cord lace to fasten. The main body is made from navy suede leather and the outer sole is made from a combination of white leather and other materials. These are available at ln-cc.com.
4. We did say we have other options for the man who goes to work dressed casual! Take a look at these comfortable sneaker like shoes with traditional brogue detailing that would look spiffy under your slacks, jeans and/or rolled up or cuffed chinos for that Riviera look. We are talking about the Calypso shoes by J Shoes. The shoes are available in Dark Wood or Navy color and can be bought at jshoes.com.
5. Boat shoes are very popular during the Spring/Summer and we have a pair that adds a touch of roughness to your outfit. Check out the Buttero Ripple Sole Boat Shoes from Buttero’s S/S 2012 collection. The upper is offered in either rich dark grey suede or china blue leather and feature Vibram’s Gumlite ripple soles, making them light and highly comfortable to walk in. With amazing attention to detail throughout the by-hand manufacturing process, we’re not surprised at how good the final product looks, because we’d expect nothing less. Pick up a pair of these boat shoes at porvocacao.com.
6. Now that we are done with work shoes, it’s time to get ready for the weekend or evening and go casual. I myself enjoy wearing jeans, tee and boots all the time especially when going out to meet friends. However, for the Spring I will substitute my everyday boots for a pair of Derwent Shoes from ALLSAINTS. The shoes have that vintage and I don’t care look, which work great under jeans for that Hank Moody (David Duchovny) look from Californication.
7. Speaking of Californication, you must invest in some comfortable shoes when leaving New York and heading to the West Coast for vacation, to be near the beach. So, get yourself a pair of Lanvin men’s Sponge Effect Calfskin Trainers to wear under shorts or rolled up pants. These shoes are crafted from calfskin leather with a sponge effect on the uppers and off white rubber sole with slightly ridged underside. They can be purchased at ln-cc.com.
8. Since you are now on vacation and are about to head to the beach we suggest you get yourself a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo Blair Espadrilles Loafers. Not only do they look cool but they also give you a touch of sophistication as opposed to wearing flip-flops. This comfy slip on is crafted in soft cotton, with leather trim and espadrille along the sides and toe. Pick up a pair before you leave on vacation at bloomingdales.com.
9. During the Spring there are a lot of weddings taking place, so these next shoes are the perfect moccasins to wear for any destination wedding on or near the beach. They look great under any white chinos/slacks, are dressy enough to wear out dancing and casual enough for dinner on the strip near any beach. We are talking about 2568 footwear inspired by Guatemalan creativity in garment, shoes and leathers goods. Unique features include beading, colorful laces and decorative tassel bows.
The fabrics used on each shoe are numerous, distinctive and beautiful, hand loomed by women in Guatemala with fibers that are hand dyed. The designs reflect the culture of Guatemala and other Native Americans in the region. The 2568 shoes are certainly one of our favorites, which is why we just couldn’t pick one style. See our favorite styles and suggestions below, which all can be purchased at brooklyn market.
See style MANOLO-HL-139A all the way above.
10. All this wedding talk reminds me of the sleek shoes I would wear in any marriage ceremony back here in New York. You are done with vacationing and are heading back to the city to be part of your friend’s most important reception, which requires you to wear some snazzy shoes to fine tune your formal wear. Pinstripe Magazine has the perfect pair recommendation for you to purchase. Check out these sleek leather Dolce & Gabbana Derby shoes.
Brogue effect paneling lends an irreverent twist, while the classic style maintains an air of sartorial authority. Pick up a pair at mrporter.com
This concludes our Top 10 choices of shoes every man should have in their closet this Spring. Let us know which ones are your favorite or missing from your wardrobe.